A couple of days ago I received such a lovely surprise when I found out that Becca from From my Lofty Hill (A.K.A Becca from Sunnybrook Farm) had nominated my blog as part of her contribution towards her own Sunshine Blogger Award post. I am delighted to have been nominated, never thinking, when I started writing, that anyone not comprising my gang of captive followers (my Mum and my husband) would ever think my blog was worth reading. So many thanks indeed to the lovely Becca for the wonderful compliment, as well as for the support and encouragement. I really appreciate it!
Quite apart from having one of the best blog names that I have come across (she really does live at Sunnybrook Farm!!), Becca’s tales of her life in Belize are both thrilling and fascinating. She is the master of dramatic build up. From snake bites and tragedies to brand new baby chicks and adorably romantic gestures her blog is certainly an adventure worth reading…who knows what will happen to her tomorrow? I can’t wait to find out!
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivety and creativity in the blogging community.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to the blog.
2. Answer 11 questions that the Blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
QUESTIONS from Becca:
- What made you start blogging?
This is my second attempt at this blog – I started it initially back in 2016 in the hope of staying sane whilst my baby enjoyed his nightly midnight feasts. Soon afterwards I was given wonderful advice on how to help him to sleep through the night, so my blog ended abruptly and I began to remember what sleep felt like again. I have now restarted (as part of a new year’s resolution) now that my little boy is so grown up that he goes to morning nursery school…the house feels so lonely without him that I need company, even if it is only my own thoughts!
2. Where do you get ideas for your blog posts?
My brain gets a lot of free time whilst I’m performing the non-playing aspects of stay-at-home-mumming (particularly when my little boy was even smaller) so it does its own thing and we catch up during nursery hours and after bed-time, which is usually when the ideas appear. I get a lot of inspiration (and help) from fond memories of books I used to read before I became a mother.
3. What’s the best advice anyone ever gave you?
My parents always told me not to worry about exam results if I had done my best. I think that this can also apply to life generally – if you’ve done your very best then there is no point or reason in worrying about consequences – there is nothing that you can do to change them. I’m not very good at following it – one of my greatest skills is worrying.
4. If you could describe yourself in three words what would they be?
Worrier, stubborn, bibliophile
5. What is your favorite animal?
I loved pigs when I was young, and wanted to be a pig farmer until someone helpfully pointed out what that entailed. My favourite zoo animal is the penguin.
6. What do you wish to accomplish in 2018?
I hope to complete my share of the DIY list pinned next to the front door. I also hope not to abandon my blog a second time.
7. Are people outside the blogging community aware of your blog? i.e. family,friends
My Mum and my husband both dutifully follow my blog (my Mum is also a faithful commenter and liker). Other than that I have told no-one about it – I really like the freedom that anonymity gives me to be completely myself.
8. What is your favorite dish to cook?
At the moment my favourite dish to cook would be anything terribly easy and mess-free. The dish that probably gives me the most satisfaction (after having cooking it) is řízky, the Czech (pork) equivalent of weiner schnitzel or chicken Maryland. Everytime I make it my technique improves a little, although mine will never be as good as that of my Czech mother or my Czech cousin.
9. How did you choose the title of your blog?
I live in France and am the only non-bilingual member of my household – even before my son started to talk there was a fair bit of language muddling (my husband is not bilingual by choice). I wanted my blog to reflect the two languages spoken in my home. I am a stay-at-home-mum (thus technically unemployed and so a “chomeuse”) to one little boy (my little “chou”).
10. Summer or winter?
I much prefer Summer – but can I be more specific and say a UK Summer? My two boys have such delicate Irish skin that we end up spending far longer indoors than I’d like, hiding from the cruel French midday sun.
11. What made you smile today?
My son, having screeched that it was morning and that he was awake until I gave in and went down to his room, heard my footsteps and decided to pretend to be asleep (whilst giggling) when I opened his door.
- Adventures of an Anglaise
- Confessions of an Irish Procrastinator
- Gaia journal
- Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride
- Tinsel and treasure
- Unseen Beauty
- You can always start now!
There is no obligation with any of my nominations. If you would rather not participate please just accept this as proof of my good opinion 🙂
- Why did you start your blog?
- What are your favourite things to do (when you aren’t blogging, of course)?
- If you could only visit one place, where would you go?
- Do you have a favourite post from your blog?
- What is your favourite book? (If it is far too difficult to choose, who is your favourite author?)
- What are your goals for your blog?
- Which three possessions would you grab in the event of fire?
- Do you live in the town or country where you were born?
- Do you have any unusual phobias?
- Do you speak another language?
- If you could chat to any person in history (real or literary) who would you choose?
Thank you for making it this far. I can’t wait to read your answers!